PDS Tech Inc Assembler 2nd shift in Wilson, North Carolina
PDS Tech, Inc. is seeking an Electro-Mechanical Assembler for an open position in Wilson, NC.
Under direct supervision, performs routine and repetitive assembly operations and processes. Requires use of a few simple hand tools. Ensure work is accomplished with high quality, in a timely fashion and is compliant with all company, city, state and federal regulations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Learn to set up and assemble parts.
• Demonstrate proper use of simple hand and machine tools.
• Learn to accurately read and follow procedures, routing and other work instructions.
• Responsible for quality product standards with no defects.
• Meet customer deadlines.
• Responsible for building parts that meet customer expectations.
• Responsible to comply with applicable elements of quality systems.
• Participate in cost reduction plans and continuous improvement plans/events, as required.
• Participate in audits.
• Acquire applicable skill/knowledge/certifications as required.
• Maintain materials, equipment, and work area in a clean and orderly condition.
• Comply with all rules and regulations of United Technologies, including, but not limited to: Environmental Health and Safety, Ethics, International Trade Compliance and Human Resources.
• Complete assigned tasks, not specifically listed, within the scope and skill level of this job description in support of department objectives and to develop individual skills.
• Check work methods and results for conformance to standards and re-instruct as required.
• Report to lead or supervisor on work progress and updates including conditions surrounding failures to meet quality standards.
• Other duties as assigned.
E ducation and Experience:
• High school diploma or equivalent required.
• 0 - 1 year’s work experience is required with some manufacturing experience preferred
• Career Readiness Certification (CRC) strongly preferred.
Qualifications: In order to be considered for this position, candidates must have:
• Successful completion of training modules associated with job grade.
• The ability to follow assembly instruction.
• The ability to effectively work in an environment requiring repetitive job responsibilities.
• The ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
• The ability to understand end uses of products being built.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Attention to detail in order to ensure safety and quality.
• Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task.
• The ability to work in a team to support work capacity in a fast-paced environment.
• Intermediate computer skills in terms of typing, navigating screens and learning new software programs.
• Demonstrated analytical skills and problem-solving abilities.
• The ability to take direction from more experienced coworkers, leads and supervisors.
• Must be able to stand for 2 – 3 at a time with one 15 minute break.
• Must be able to lift 20 pounds with or without accommodation.
• Must be a U.S. citizen, Permanent Resident Alien, or person granted status as an asylee.
• Must be available for overtime, including extended workdays and weekends.
• Comply with EH&S policies and procedures at all times, including wearing appropriate PPE. Attend EH&S trainings as required. Report unsafe practices and/or conditions to the appropriate individuals to ensure prompt resolution of potential hazards. Recommend improvements to EH&S practices in order to create a safer workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.