UNC Health Care HCS CLINICAL INFORMATICS SPECIALIST - IT TRAINING USER SUPPORT in Smithfield, North Carolina
HCS CLINICAL INFORMATICS SPECIALIST - IT TRAINING USER SUPPORT
Job ID: INF002X1
HCS CLINICAL INFORMATICS SPECIALIST - IT TRAINING USER SUPPORT-INF002X1
Supports physicians, clinicians, health care workers, affiliates and partners by providing continuous support, troubleshooting and identifying opportunities for clinical information system improvements. Serves as a liaison between the clinical departments and IT in order to provide technical solutions to meet user needs. Promotes future and present system functionality by designing, building and testing the clinical information systems. Enhances the organization by driving the evolution of customer-oriented, cost-effective and integrated health information management systems.
Description of Duties:
Represents the concerns and issues of the assigned clinical constituencies related to clinical informatics.
Coordinates and actively participates in the planning, design, development, implementation, maintenance, training and evaluation of clinical information systems for nursing services.
Facilitates the integration of data, information and knowledge to support patients, nurses and other providers in their decision-making.
Works collaboratively with Information Technology, medical staff and the various patient care departments.
Participates in the development of clinical informatics protocols, policies, procedures, and quality metrics and works to assure compliance with regulations.
Develops in depth knowledge of the system capabilities, applications and processes to function effectively as an educator for system users. Provides training to new users and provides end-user support.
● Bachelor's degree in Nursing, Computer Science or related field (or equivalent combination of education, training and experience).
● Credentialed healthcare professional (e.g., Registered Nurse, Resp Therapist, Rad Tech) licensed to practice in the state of North Carolina.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● If a Bachelor's degree: Two (2) years of clinical practice experience.
● One (1) year of experience in healthcare data analysis or healthcare information system application development
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Requirements:
● Excellent analytical and communication skills. Ability to work well in a team environment. Demonstrated ability to successfully manage
multiple tasks simultaneously. Highly responsive to internal customers.
Primary LocationUnited States-North Carolina-Smithfield
DepartmentU-1000-IT TRAINING USER SUPPORT