Black & Veatch Warehouse Lead in Garner, North Carolina
Provide support to manager to move equipment and warehouse staff. Acts as a lead to ensure coordinators follow the CEFS process. Oversees Warehouse operations, inventory, shipping and receiving, and services.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Responsible for the physical receipt, inspection and documentation of incoming/outgoing project fleet and equipment.
• Plans, organize, implements and maintains laydown areas and warehouse space. Ensures proper housekeeping is maintained and inventory counts are completed as needed.
• Ensures all tools and equipment are received, inspected, stored, maintained and issued in a timely and compliant manner.
• Trains employees, staff and/or craft labor on proper receiving, storage and maintenance procedures.
• Ensures preventive maintenance is tracked and completed on a timely basis to support warranty protection if applicable.
• Monitors the collection of surplus, scrap and salvageable materials.
• Tracks materials returned to vendor.
• Responsible for metric reporting on inventory, issues, location, OS&D's, Preventive Maintenance, Equipment Usage, Receiving and Spare Parts.
• Ensures compliance with appropriate corporate and warehouse specific procedures that insure that sound business practices are maintained.
• Identifies and assesses improvement opportunities which will add value. • May manage the OS&D process with supply vendors and coordinates with procurement as needed. • May develop work schedules and assign work to coordinators.
• May direct service professionals.
• May purchase small items.
• May assist selling scrap and excessive fleet.
• May use forklift as needed.
• Has mechanical knowledge on maintenance of tools and equipment.
• Acts as a lead. May supervise work of others.
Minimum three (3) years relevant experience without a degree. All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
High School graduate with some college preferred. Preferred Competencies:
• Proficient Attention to Detail
• Proficient Communication - Written and Oral
• Proficient Computer - Database and MS Office
• Basic Contract Comprehension
• Strong Data Entry
• Proficient Mathematics
• Proficient Organizing Data
• Proficient Problem Solving
• Basic Project Process Management
• Basic Schedule and Planning Understanding
• Forklift certified
• Mechanical skills
• Communicates effectively
• Customer focus
• Decision quality
• Drives results
• Manages ambiguity
• Situational adaptability
Black & Veatch Holding Company, its subsidiaries and its affiliated companies, complies with all Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) affirmative action laws and regulations. Black & Veatch does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender Identity and expression, disability, veteran status, pregnancy status or other status protected by law.
For our EEO Policy Statement, please clickhere. If you’d like more information on your EEO rights under the law, please clickhereandhere.