Cabela's RETAIL BOAT SERVICE MECHANIC in Garner, North Carolina
Become a part of the World's Foremost Outfitter team! At Cabela's we passionately serve people who enjoy the outdoor lifestyle by delivering innovation, quality and value in our products and service. Live...Dream... Work the Adventure! Cabela’s has an opening for a Full-Time Boat Service Technician/Mechanic * *in the full service Boat Dealership service shop at our Garner, NC retail store. Position Overview: This position is responsible for servicing, diagnosing, repairing and installing motors, trailers, accessories, and boats.
Essential Job Functions:
- Assures boats are repaired in a timely and accurate manner by performing the necessary diagnostics and trouble shooting, consulting with department manager when necessary. When required assemble new and used boats and ATV's for customer delivery.
- Performs cleaning and detailing on interior/exterior of all boats, motors, and trailers
- Assists in repairing used and/or returned merchandise
- Moves boats, motors, and trailers around interior or exterior of buildings. Assist in loading and unloading boat and trailer shipments when needed.
- Installs outboard motors, electrical items, and trolling motors
- Keeps current with Technician Certificates to ensure they are up to date, and continually make changes as necessary to stay current with the industry.
- Other Duties as Assigned by Management
- Vocational/Technical School Certificate
- 2 to 4+ Years’ Experience
- Factory Certified Technician for mercury and other Outboard Groups as required (preferred)
- Must have wiring ability (12 volt DC) and required to supply own mechanic tools (required)
- Mechanical ability to include skills in trouble shooting inboard/outboard issues (required)
- Ability to use good judgment and logic (required)
- Hiring preference is given to those with solid mechanical knowledge and at least 2 years of experience in the power sports industry.
Cabela’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and we seek to create an inclusive work place that embraces diverse backgrounds, life experiences and perspectives.
Cabela’s shows commitment to the men and women who have served in the United States Armed Forces by providing meaningful, challenging career opportunities where military skills and experience may be applied.
Cabela's offers a competitive benefits package to include: 401k, vacation, health and dental coverage for you and your family,andemployee discounts.
Pay Grade: 13N Apply Online:www.cabelas.jobs Closing Date: 00/00/00 Applying for a posted position does not guarantee an interview. The Internal Transfer Policy applies.
Auto req ID: 43284BR
Posting Title: RETAIL BOAT SERVICE MECHANIC
Department: POWER SPORTS
Location/Division: Garner NC - Retail
Req Type: Non-Exempt