Black & Veatch Recruiter in Garner, North Carolina
The major responsibilities for the recruiter role include recruiting for field engineering and construction openings at field, project, and regional offices. Key activities include sourcing candidates, developing creative recruiting methods, communicating with candidates and hiring managers, and coordinating interviews. This role may assume additional duties as assigned. The successful incumbent will be detail-oriented, effectively prioritize tasks, manage multiple priorities, handle confidential information in a sensitive manner and work well with others. Additionally, the incumbent must be able to communicate effectively with employees at all levels throughout the organization.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Reviews personnel requisitions and discusses requirements of position with hiring manager.
• Establishes recruitment plan with hiring manager - (where to post openings, companies to search and avoid, potential internal candidates, etc).
• Sources and identifies qualified candidates for approved personnel requisitions, including cold calling.
• Presents suitable candidates to hiring manager for review.
• Conducts phone screens and determines candidate’s ability and fit for current opening.
• Makes interview and travel arrangements for on-site interviews.
• Interviews candidates and provides company & benefits overview.
• Follows up with hiring managers for feedback after interview.
• Coordinates transfer of internal candidates with current and receiving managers.
• Provides written communications including reference checks and human resource information system/resume database documentation.
• Advises hiring managers and employees on employment-related matters
• Initiates or reviews related transactions in Human Resource Information System.
• Supports continuous improvement efforts and the change management effects associated with the implementation of improvements.
2+ years related HR & staffing experience. All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
Bachelor’s degree in HR or related field preferred.
Proficient in Peoplesoft, Talent Gateway, and Excel.
Knowledge of the EPC construction industries and staffing/supporting large projects with construction management professionals.
Black & Veatch Holding Company, its subsidiaries and its affiliated companies, complies with all Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) affirmative action laws and regulations. Black & Veatch does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender Identity and expression, disability, veteran status, pregnancy status or other status protected by law.
For our EEO Policy Statement, please clickhere. If you’d like more information on your EEO rights under the law, please clickhereandhere.